Monday, June 6, 2011

My Favorite Vacation

When I graduated from high school my step mother gave me the option of getting a new car or going to Australia for two weeks. I quickly decided that I would rather go to Australia for two weeks because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I could get my own car and now looking back realize I made the right choice. Although  the plan ride was 18 hours I didn't sleep at all I was so excited. We had to go through Sydney to go through customs and take another plane to Brisbane. Since customs was backed up we missed out plane to Brisbane and had to exchange our tickets for a later time. A huge mix up happened and I almost got sent to Ayers rock since my last name is Ayers but we figured it out and I was on a plane to Brisbane in no time. When I arrived in Brisbane I did what every other person does when going to Australia, I went to hold a koala bear and see the kangaroos. The next day I went to the Australia Zoo, where Steve Irwin kept all his animals. He had already pass away but i got to see a VIP tour of the zoo and his memorial there. It was amazing. I even got to see a koala getting surgery. I spent the next two weeks driving across Australia making stops in famous place such as Hamilton Island, Frasier Island, The Great Barrier reef, Green Island, and Cairnes. Every single place was amazing. Hamilton Island was a remote island where you had to ride in golf carts to get around. The beaches were amazing and so was the night life. I went to one of the top 10 beaches in the world, White Haven beach, and it was beautiful. The water was crystal clear and the sand was very soft and white. I will never forget the sight I saw standing on that beach. Frasier Island was an island made of all sand. I took a bus tour through it and it is the only 4 wheel drive bus i have seen. Even though our bus got stuck and we had to walk two miles through the sand it was a lot of fun. I also went whale watching and saw Humpback whales up close and personal. I could have touched on if i reached out they were so close. I learned to scuba dive in an hour crash course on the great barrier reef. It was a lot of fun and i saw a lot of interesting fish and sea turtles but wouldn't ever do it again. I didn't like the feeling of being that far underwater. The last thing I did is take a ride over the Forrest of Carines. That too was amazing. It was a great experience I hope one day i can go back there and see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment